If you’re hosting or attending a candlelight service or ceremony soon, don’t worry about stocking up on pre-made wax drip protectors… create your own with just a few household supplies. Using paper plates, a hole punch, and scissors, you can make paper protectors for everyone in your group. They can be used to help shield hands from hot dripping wax as the candle burns. Stock up on Dollar Tree supplies for services such as Easter, Christmas, and more.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Paper Plates
- Single Hole Punch
- Small Wax Candles
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Take your scissors and cut a circle about 4″ round in the center of a paper plate.
- Use a single hole punch to punch a hole in the center of your paper circle.
- Cut eight ½” slits from the center of the hole.
- Slide the top of your wax candle through the bottom of the slitted hole so that the drip protector sits about halfway up the candle.
- Hold the candle securely with your hands underneath the paper drip protector… and always use caution when lighting and handling lit candles.