March 12, 2017 | DIY & Crafts | Written by Value Seekers Club
Shared by Dollar Tree’s Value Seekers Club®! Want more ideas like this? Join the Club >
Looking for a fun way to give your friends or loved ones a sweet surprise? Reward your kids for good behavior, show your employees that you appreciate them, or spread some cheer around the neighborhood with these easy-to-make treat pouches. Check out the step-by-step directions below and create an extra ribbon loop for easy hanging on door knobs. These treat pouches really are the perfect affordable go-to gift for any occasion or holiday! Plus, everything you need to create your own special treat pouches can be found at Dollar Tree for just $1 each.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 4-ft. Ribbon
- Cellophane Bag or Wrap
- Candy and Other Small Goodies
- Rubber Band
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Fold the ribbon in half and tie the ends of the ribbon together into a knot, leaving about one foot of ribbon to form a loop behind the knot.
- Place the candy and treats on the cellophane or into the bag and gather the edges to create a pouch. Tie the excess cellophane with a rubber band.
- Place the tied part of your pouch onto the ribbon knot. Gather the two free ends of ribbon around to the front of the pouch and tie a pretty bow over the rubber band to cover it.
- Drape the ribbon loop over a doorknob, on a hook, or on the back of a chair for your recipient.
Fill your treat pouches with candy and goodies that match the theme of the occasion. For example, if you’re celebrating Easter, include plastic eggs, jelly beans, and small spring toys. If you’re rewarding children for good behavior, add a gift tag that reads “Thanks for being so sweet!” and fill the pouch with their favorite candy.