We all know that when the holidays come around we get busy. I am constantly running errands and am so busy at work that sometimes I forget to eat! Therefore, this year, I have decided to meal prep ahead of time in preparation for the crazy holidays.
Using just 3 simple ingredients, a freezer storage bag, and a slow cooker, I was able to make this 3-ingredient cream of mushroom chicken that was both delicious and easy. I simply combined the mushroom soup and chicken in a gallon-sized plastic freezer storage bag and placed it in the freezer. A day before or even the morning before I needed a meal, I took it out of the freezer, let it thaw, and placed it in my slow cooker. Within a few hours, the meal was ready! This meal is easy to make and simple to prepare, plus you can double or triple the recipe if cooking for a larger group.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Slow Cooker (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Gallon-Sized Plastic Freezer Storage Bags
- 1 Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Pack of Crispy Onions
- Mixing Spoon
- Permanent Marker
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (in the freezer section)
Follow Along Step-by-Step:
- Put all of your ingredients in freezer bag and label it, so that you know which meal it is.
- Take your prepped freezer meal out of the freezer and let it thaw in your fridge for about a day. If you are looking for a quicker solution, let the freezer meal thaw in warm water (make sure to keep the meal inside of your sealed storage bag) and then cook in a skillet until chicken is completely cooked.
- Place all of your ingredients in your slow cooker, turn on high, and cover.
- Let cook for 4 hours and stir every half hour (or on low for 8 hours if at work. No need to stir on low).
- Turn off your slow cooker and serve while warm.
Looking for more slow cooker recipes for the holidays? Check out this simple slow cooker Swedish meatball recipe!