Heading back to school requires lots of preparation for students and parents. As a busy mom, one of the first things on my to-do list is figuring out what to make and pack for school lunches. I want what every mom wants: healthy food options that are simple to prep and pack the night before or morning of. I’m sharing my five go-to lunch box hacks that can make your back-to-school routine a little easier and your kids’ lunches a little more exciting.
5 Easy Lunch Box Hacks
- Shown above, cupcake liners are an easy, clever, and super-cute way to separate small snacks or sides like pretzels, raisins, and more.
- Keep sliced apples from browning by using a rubber band to hold the slices together. When they’re ready to eat, the slices will look and taste like they were freshly cut.
- Add fun surprises like funny faces, a super hero cape, or a ballerina tutu to string cheese. Stock up on craft supplies from Dollar Tree and create a new character every day. What a fun way to make them smile!
- Instead of writing the classic note on a napkin (which I also love!), switch it up by drawing fun designs, pictures, and notes on plastic sandwich bags. Fill it with a classic sandwich like the PB&J or go out of the box with Lunch Box Sushi.
- Skip the bulky ice pack and soak a sponge in water, then freeze it inside of a sealed plastic sandwich bag. Pop it in the lunch box in the morning to keep lunch cold for hours.