This year, I have decided to make my husband and kids a sweet and thoughtful breakfast for Valentine’s Day! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so I have to have all the fixings. Eggs are my family’s favorite breakfast food, so this year I tried out 5 different ways to cook HEART-y eggs! Not only were they delicious, but they looked lovely and my family was so surprised. So, try out these five delicious heart-shaped ideas will impress your Valentine, filling their love-tank for the day!
- Prepare and boil your eggs as normal.
- Peel off the outer shell of the egg.
- Place the egg in the middle of a paper plate. Place a chopstick or wooden skewer on top of the egg. Add rubber bands to both ends of the chopstick or skewer and the paper plate so that they keep the chopstick or skewer in place on top of the egg.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes, then cut the egg and voila!
- Prepare your fried eggs in a heart mold.
- Place your egg on top of a piece of toast for a lovely balanced breakfast.
- Use a heart cookie cutter to cut out a heart in the center of a piece of bread.
- Toast the bread.
- Place the piece of bread on a frying pan and crack and egg into the empty heart-shaped center of the bread.
- Once the egg is fully cooked, remove and serve! Don’t’ forget to plate your dish with the heart shaped bread on the side.
- Mix eggs, milk, cheese, and chopped veggies to make the filling.
- Load up a few lined cupcake tins and add either rice or a marble outside of the liner to create a heart shape.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350˚ and serve while warm.
- Cut your hot dog in half with a knife and secure it into a heart using toothpicks.
- Place your hot dog in a frying pan and add a cracked egg to the middle.
- Cook for 10 on your stovetop pan over medium heat until the egg is cooked and serve while warm!
Looking for another delicious treat to whip up this Valentine’s Day? Try out this sweet caramel apple pie french toast!