It’s finally spring! The air is warmer, the flowers are starting to bloom, and it’s time to start cleaning. Here are my favorite tips and hacks for a quick and effective spring cleaning. And the best part is Dollar Tree has all the supplies you need to help your home say goodbye to winter and hello to spring.
- Use coffee filters to clean your television and computer screens.
- Freshen rooms by placing a scented dryer sheet in every heat or A/C vent.
- Clean pots and pans by letting a dryer sheet soak in water in the pot or pan overnight.
- Clean lamp shades with a lint roller.
- Clean baseboards and crown molding with a microfiber cloth.
- Use a collapsible storage container as a catch-all basket to help keep your home tidy throughout the week.
Open the coffee filter with your hand and gently rub your television or computer screen in a circular motion. Dust will adhere to the coffee filter, and because it is lint-free it will leave your screen completely clean.
Take one dryer sheet, fold it to your vent size and place the dryer sheet between the vent and the vent cover. As air flows through the vent it will distribute the lovely scent of your dryer sheet, creating a refreshing scent in every room of your home.
Give pots and pans a new life with a daily deep clean. Soak a dryer sheet in warm water in the bottom of your pot or pan overnight. In the morning, food debris will clean away with ease and leave your pots and pans refreshed.
Clean all of your lamp shades by slowly running a lint roller over each shade. You’ll have fresh looking lamp shades, that are now dust-free.
- Open the microfiber cloth and place the broom head in the center of the microfiber cloth.
- Secure the edges of the microfiber cloth by tucking them around the broom head and securing them with a rubber band at the base of the broom handle.
- Gently pass over all of your baseboards and crown molding with the microfiber cloth end of the broom. If desired, spray your favorite wood cleaning solution onto the microfiber cloth before you clean the base boards and crown molding.
- The broom handle makes this type of cleaning extra easy. There’s no need to get down on your hands and knees to clean your baseboards or to climb on a ladder to clean your crown molding. Give every room of your house an extra deep clean this spring with this easy cleaning trick!
Place a collapsible storage bin in a high traffic area of your home. I usually place mine on our stairs or near the front door. As you come across items that do not belong (shoes, toys, papers, etc.), place them in the bin. Then at the end of day, put all the items away at the same time. This will save you a lot more time than putting them each away as you come across the items and your space will feel tidier throughout the day with all the clutter tucked away in one spot.
Happy spring cleaning from my home to yours!
Now that you’ve got the house cleaned and picked up, it’s time to tackle your car! Check out these 6 hacks for a clean and organized car.