Halloween is here, which means I have got to start making my daughter’s costume! I wanted to make her something cute, easy, and affordable, which can sometimes be difficult, especially if it’s last minute. So, I decided to head to my local Dollar Tree to pickup a few $1 supplies. I ended up making her this adorable gumball machine costume for just a few dollars. It was so easy to make and is really fun to wear. I paired it with red leggings, but you could also wear with jeans or a black skirt. Don’t forget to make sure to buy enough pom-poms to fill the size shirt you have.
Please note: I made this costume to fit children, but it can be made for adults as well.
Gumball Machine Costume Supplies:
- Construction Paper (Will be use for the 25 cents sign)
- Optional: Numbered and Lettered Stickers (I used yellow)
- Tacky Glue®
- Red T-Shirt (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
Follow Along Step-by-Step:
- I laid out my red t-shirt and I used Tacky Glue® to glue the assorted colored pom-poms to the shirt and glued them in a random pattern.
- Let the glue dry completely.
- Next, I placed yellow stickers to spell out “25 CENTS” onto black construction paper.
- Then, I cut around the letters to make a rectangular shape and used Tacky Glue® to glue the label to the bottom of the shirt.
- I paired the finished gumball shirt with red leggings for the sweetest little costume!
Looking for more adorable Halloween costume ideas? Check out this easy mac costume idea!