The new school year is quickly approaching. Celebrate and welcome a new beginning with apple-shaped cupcakes for your favorite students and teachers. Make their favorite kind of cupcake and decorate with red icing, a green icing leaf, and pretzel stick stem. Share these with the whole class on the first day of school to start things off on a sweet note!
Gather These Sweet Supplies:
- Yellow Cupcake Mix (and Ingredients Needed)
- Vanilla Frosting
- Red and Green Food Coloring
- Cupcake Pan
- Cupcake Liners
- Pretzel Sticks
- Tin Foil (Shaped into Balls)
- Small Mixing Bowls
Cupcake Makin’ Time!
- Gather all of your ingredients and preheat oven according to directions on the cake box.
- Line your pan with cupcake liners.
- Prepare the cake mix according to its packaging and pour the batter into the cupcake liners.
- Carefully insert one small tin foil ball in between each liner and cup. Bake the cupcakes and allow them to cool completely in the pan.
- While they’re baking, divide vanilla icing into two bowls and mix one with a few drops of red food coloring.
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan and ice them completely in red.
- To create the apple stem, insert the pretzel stick into the side of the indented side of the cupcake.
- In your second bowl of vanilla icing, mix in a few drops of green food coloring. Using a knife, add a small leaf shape with the green icing next to the pretzel.
- Store at room temperature and serve!
Searching for more back-to-school treats? Check out this emergency stash for teachers!