Sweet treats take center stage after the Thanksgiving turkey has been enjoyed! Traditionally, a variety of cakes and pies fill the dessert table. Although delicious, pumpkin pie is not always kid friendly. I always make sure there is at least one item my kids will feel especially treated by.
This year, treat your kids with these adorably festive Turkey Cake Pops. These bite-sized pops are filled with cake, chocolate, cookies, and candy-corn. Perfectly decorated to resemble little turkeys, your kids will gobble them up. This portable little pop is great for little hands and can help decorate their place at the table. If you want to send this treat home as a favor, simply wrap the turkey in plastic, and secure with a bow!
Shop at Dollar Tree – Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 Box of Chocolate or Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 Jar of Vanilla Frosting
- 1 Jar of Chocolate Frosting
- Cake Pop Sticks or Skewers
- 16-oz. of Melting Milk Chocolate
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Candy Corn
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Piping or Zipper Seal Bags
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Bake the cake according to the box directions and allow it to cool completely.
- Crumble the cake completely using your hands and place all crumbs into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix 1 cup of vanilla icing with the cake crumbs, using your fingers to mash it together and form it into a paste-like consistency.
- Using your hands, roll the cake and icing paste mixture into small 1″ balls and arrange onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Once all cake balls have been made, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes.
- Separate the chocolate sandwich cookies, leaving a stack of solo chocolate cookie halves to use as the turkey tails.
- Place ¾ of the milk chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat on 30 second increments, stirring in between.
- Remove the cake balls from the refrigerator.
- Once the chocolate is melted, gently insert a cake pop skewer into the cake ball, and dip the cake ball into the chocolate.
- Gently press the chocolate covered cake ball onto the chocolate cookie, and allow it to rest and dry at room temperature on the lined baking sheet. Repeat this step for all cake balls.
- Once the chocolate is dry and set, melt the additional chocolate in the microwave safe bowl. Carefully dip the candy corn into the melted chocolate, then apply it to the chocolate cookie portion of the cake pops, arranging in a tail feather display. Apply an additional chocolate dipped candy corn to the cake ball as the turkey “nose”. Repeat this step for all cake pops.
- Allow the candy corn to dry at room temperature until set.
- Spoon vanilla and chocolate icing into two separate piping or zipper seal bags. If using a zipper seal bag, cut a small hole in the corner of each bag. Pipe two white dots as “eyes” on each turkey pop. Pipe an additional two brown chocolate dots onto of the white as the “pupils” on each turkey pop.
- Arrange turkey cake pops standing in a glass or jar!