If we decorate for fall a little earlier this year, will it encourage the weather to cool down sooner? Either way, we’re already looking forward to pumpkin-flavored treats and seasonal decorations in warm fall colors. Kick off your fall crafting with a simple, affordable project: a faux floral centerpiece that can be displayed all season, stored in a safe place, and displayed again next fall.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Spool of Burlap Ribbon
- 3 Fall Floral Stems
- 2 Bags of River Rock Pebbles
- 1 Cylinder Glass Vase
- Clear Tape
- Paper Clip
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Arrange floral stems together and then place finished bouquet in vase. Tip: Since the stems are connected, try weaving the tops as much as possible to make the bouquet look more natural.
- Finish filling the vase with 2 bags of river rock pebbles.
- Cut a 12″-piece of burlap ribbon and wrap it tightly around the center of the vase. Secure the ribbon to the vase with tape so it does not shift.
- Cut a second 12″-piece of burlap ribbon; this will be used to create the bow.
- Mark the center of the ribbon (6″) and fold each end towards the center point mark.
- Pinch the ribbon’s ends and center point together.
- Wrap a piece of tape around the pinched ribbon to create the bow and secure it.
- To cover the tape in the center, cut a ½”-piece of burlap ribbon and wrap it around the center of the bow. Secure the ribbon with a small piece of tape, ensuring the tape is not visible behind the ribbon.
- Using a paper clip, secure the bow to the original 12″-piece of ribbon attached to the vase.