Looking for an adorable and affordable idea for a baby shower centerpiece? With just a few latex balloons, some twine, and a little patience, you can create this fun baby-shaped centerpiece for the shower… it also makes a cute gift to welcome a new little one into the world!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 16 Water Balloons (plus some extra in case you break a few)
- 1 “Skin-Colored” Round Balloon
- Cotton Twine
- Permanent Marker
- Baby Headband (for girl decorations)
Oh Baby, These Steps Are Easy!
- Blow up 16 water balloons (with air, not water) in sets of 4. Blow up the first four until almost full, the second set a little smaller, the third a bit smaller than the second, and the fourth smallest of all. (Tip: We sell balloon pumps!) Tie together the tails of like-sized balloons so that you end up with 8 pairs.
- Tie a length of cotton twine (about 3 feet) around a small rock. Loop the twine around one of the largest pairs of water balloons.
- Rotate 90º and loop the twine around the second set of large balloons. Continue looping balloons in order of size until you reach the smallest at the top of the column.
- Partially inflate a “skin-colored”, round balloon until it’s about ½ full, or when it looks to be a nice size for a head. Tie it off and tie the twine around the tail.
- Tuck the end of the twine back down through the balloons and gently pull until the “head” balloon sits squarely on top of the column of water balloons. Secure to the rock and trim any excess twine.
- Top the head with a baby headband for a girl or for a boy you could use a baby hat or just draw a little swirl of hair and draw features on the face with a permanent marker.
Looking for more adorable baby shower décor ideas? Check out this shabby chic baby shower theme!