With just a little paint, a few glass pieces, and some glue, you can easily create this adorable cupcake server! Not only can you use your new dessert stand to serve cupcakes and other wrapped baked goods, but you can also display party favors, candies, snacks, presents for the new mommy, and other fun party items. Of course, you can adapt this idea for any celebration, from bridal showers to birthday parties… you’re only limited by your imagination.
What You’ll Need:
- 6″ Glass Plate Candleholder
- 4″ Glass Taper Candleholder
- Nontoxic Paint (In Your Favorite Color)
- Paint Brush
- Glass Glue (We used Super Glue® Fix-All Adhesive)
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Paint the glass plate and the candleholder and set aside to dry (this may take several coats). Be sure to use a nontoxic paint and remember that the finished cupcake stand should be cleaned only by hand washing or wiping down with a damp cloth (do not put in the dishwasher).
- Once all the painted pieces are dry, attach them together using glass glue. Put glue on both the bottom of the plate and the top of the candleholder. Press the two pieces together, then pull them apart and let them stand for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, firmly press the two pieces together and set the piece aside to dry for 24 hours. Make sure to use glue that is made specifically for adhering glass items and follow the direction on the glue.
- Now you’re ready for the fun! Your new cupcake & dessert stand can be used to serve cupcakes and other wrapped baked goods, or to display party favors, candies, snacks, presents for the new mommy, and other fun party items!
Fun Tip: Set one of these up on each table at the shower and fill them with favors for guests, or set them up on a banquet table with different sweet treats or snacks.
Visit DollarTree.com to shop our Cupcake and Dessert Server idea.