Christmas morning is one we wait for all year long! I love to hear excited footsteps running through the house to see if Santa came to visit! Presents, stockings, and family time make for a perfect nostalgic morning. Yummy Christmas brunch may be the best part of it all! Spend the morning with your family and out of the kitchen with this delicious “prep-ahead” recipe for Caramel Apple Pie French Toast!
Tasty Ingredients & Supplies:
- 16-oz. Can of Apple Pie Filling
- ½ Cup of Chopped Pecans
- 16-oz. Can of Caramel Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 6 Cups of Cubed Bread
- 6 Eggs
- ½ Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 9×9-inch. Baking Dish
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Plastic Wrap
- Prepare a 9×9-inch. baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the apple pie filling to the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle a layer of chopped pecans over the fruit filling.
- Pour half a cup of condensed milk over the fruit and nuts.
- Add the cubed bread over the fruit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, remaining condensed milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour this mixture evenly over the bread cubes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- When ready to bake the next morning, remove from the fridge and let set at room temperature while preheating the oven to 350˚.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm alongside of a hot cup of coffee for the perfect start to your Christmas morning!
Looking for more sweet treats? Try out these sweet and easy candied pecans!