Long summer days always seem to end with an evening spent roasting marshmallows around a fire or having an ice cream cone after dinner. I love these sweet and simple joys of summertime, and these campfire cones combine both favorites! Instead of sandwiching marshmallows and chocolate in between graham crackers for s’mores, you can load up an ice cream cone! Add your favorite fruit, nuts, and more to make it your own. I recommend setting up a table by the fire with the ingredients laid out and letting everyone create their own campfire cone. No fire pit? No worries. You could also melt these in the oven for a just-as-delicious gooey treat. These have become a beloved family favorite in our home and are a fun go-to activity for when we have friends and family over.
Here’s What You Need:
- Ice Cream Cones
- Chocolate Chips, Bars, or Shavings
- Sliced Fruit
- Aluminum Foil
- Oven Mitt
Building Your Campfire Cone:
- Set up your table with ice cream cones and bowls loaded with all the fixings.
- Invite all your guests to load up their cones with their favorite treats, and finish by wrapping them completely in aluminum foil.
- Hold your wrapped cones using the tongs and carefully heat them over the fire for about five minutes. Or, you can heat these in the oven at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cones from the heat and let them to cool for 1-2 minutes before unwrapping the foil. Be sure to use an oven mitt if the foil is still hot.
- Indulge in this handheld dessert with your loved ones, look up at the stars, and enjoy your perfect summer night.
Want s’more ideas? Learn how to set up a sweet s’mores bar before your guests arrive!