Hosting a brunch party for friends? The menu options are endless with the first and most-important meal of the day! I love surprising my guests with something out-of-the-ordinary and this bite-sized appetizer is just that! Using chicken breast, waffles, syrup, and seasoned coating mix, you can prep a tray of this delicious and hearty appetizer for a crowd. Layer bite-sized crunchy chicken on top of small cut waffles. Drizzle with sweet syrup for a delicious salty and sweet combination. Tie it all together with a small skewer to make it a finger-friendly appetizer.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Chicken Breast
- Maple Syrup
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon of Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- Skewers or Toothpicks
- Mixing Bowls
- Skillet or Baking Sheet
Follow Along Step-by-Step:
- Preheat and cook waffles according to the packaging.
- While the waffles are baking, cut the chicken breast into small 1″ bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Beat egg and water together in a small bowl.
- Use a fork to dip each chicken piece into the egg wash, then into the breading until completely coated.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown and cook each piece of chicken until done and golden brown. *May also bake on a baking sheet in the oven according to packaging directions.
- Once done, cut waffles into quarters. Layer chicken on top of each mini waffles and secure together with a small skewer or tooth pick.
- Arrange on a tray, drizzle with maple syrup, and serve while warm!
Looking for more appetizer ideas for game day? Check out these bunless cheeseburger bites!