Looking for a new addition to your traditional holiday decorations? Add a personal touch to your décor this year with a homemade Christmas Angel, complete with silvery wings and halo. An easy-to-make craft for the entire family, shimmery angels can be displayed in Christmas trees as ornaments, on tabletops or counters as part of a festive centerpiece, or used to embellish wrapped holiday gifts. You can shop at Dollar Tree and pick up most of the necessary supplies for just $1 each!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Foam Cone
- 2 Glittery Faux Poinsettia Stems
- 12-ct. Pack of Shatter-Resistant Ornaments
- 45-ct. Pack of Glittery Chenille Stems
- Craft Glue or 20-ct. Hot Glue Sticks (and Hot Glue Gun*)
- Glittery Floral Pick
*Hot Glue Gun not sold in Dollar Tree stores.
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Cover all sides of the foam cone with ribbon. Secure ends of ribbon in place with glue.
- Cut off petals from two large glittery faux poinsettias. Glue petals together to form wings for each side of cone. Attach to cone with glue.
- To create the angel face, carefully push and insert a shatter-resistant ornament (upside-down) into the top of the cone. Secure in place with glue.
- To create the halo/headband, push one end of a glittery chenille stem into the top of the cone next to the ornament top and wrap it around the ornament.
- Secure the chenille stem in place by cutting it to fit the diameter of the ornament, then push the other end of the stem into the top of the foam cone on other side of ornament. The chenille stem should create a band around the center of the ornament.
- Adhere a glittery silver faux flower to the halo/headband with glue, and set aside to dry.
- Display the Christmas Angel in a tree, as a holiday centerpiece, or as an embellishment for gifts.
Visit DollarTree.com to check out more $1 holiday craft supplies!