I love welcoming my students to my classroom by setting the mood for Valentine’s Day! I used colored construction paper, ribbon, and tape to create this simple yet, inviting look. I cut strips of paper, formed them into loops, and taped them in the form of a heart. I finished the look with a faux ribbon made out of paper (or you can use ribbon and a bow) inscribed with “Happy Valentine’s Day!”. This 3-D design will make your door literally pop in the hallway, spreading the love throughout the school!
- Pink, Red, and White Construction Paper
- Ribbon or Bows
- Markers or Letter Stickers/Cutouts
Directions for Your Door Décor:
- Cut your construction paper, width-wise into 2-inch strips.
- Once all paper is cut, begin looping and taping the strips together in a circular shape.
- Tape the circular loops directly to the door forming a heart shape and alternating between colors.
- Once the heart shape is complete, cut and tape ribbon and a bow (I used white construction paper) to surround the heart. Add letter stickers, marker, or cutouts to spell “Happy Valentine’s Day” along the ribbon.
- Enjoy spreading the love as your students enter your classroom!