I am a HUGE fan of Valentine’s Day, so as soon as it hits February 1st, I go into full decorating mode for the special occasion. I decorate my walls, halls, and my front door. This year, I have decided to take it up one notch by creating my own DIY décor. I wanted something simple and sweet, so I headed to my local Dollar Tree to get inspired. I am obsessed with the candy conversation hearts and wanted to find a way to use them. I grabbed a couple bags of the hearts and a few poster boards and decided to make conversation hearts candy towers. In just a few simple steps I had created simple and sweet décor that I was able to display around my home!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 Poster Boards (I chose white, but you can choose any color you would like)
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Conversation Candy Hearts
DIY Décor Time!
- First, I rolled a white piece of poster board into a cone shape.
- Once I got the desired cone shape and height, I hot glued it in place.
- Next, I began hot gluing the conversation hearts to the poster board.
- I hot glued each conversation heart right next to the other and repeated this step until the conversation hearts covered the entire cone.
- Then, I placed the two cones on these cute white iridescent candle holders and set them on my coffee table for a festive centerpiece.
- Voila… an inexpensive, easy, and FUN way to decorate for Valentine’s Day!
*Please note that candy is not edible once glue is applied.
Looking for more simple and sweet ideas for Valentine’s Day? Make a DIY gift by creating a framed love note for your special someone!