Let Dollar Tree help make your summer a little more enjoyable — we have everything you need for a colorful, and fun summer at home, while keeping your pockets deep enough to still have summer adventures! A favorite warm-weather snack is popsicles… and we have the perfect molds to help you create your own chilly treats. Juice, soda, or yogurt can become a refreshing treat that will rival anything the ice cream truck brings — and for a fraction of the price!
Here’s a great recipe that captures the classic taste of a root beer float while saving you money by using the leftover soda that has unknowingly gone flat in the fridge. This recipe makes four popsicles to fill our mold, but you can adapt it to create as many popsicles as you want.
Float Making Supplies:
- ½ Cup of Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon of Pancake Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 12 oz. of Root Beer (allow it to go flat)
- Popsicle Mold
- Small Bowl
Tasty Treats Await!
- Mix the whipping cream, pancake syrup, and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Once combined, add a small splash of root beer (about 2 tablespoons) to the mixture.
- Pour the cream mixture about ¼ of the way into each of the popsicle molds. There should be a little bit of the cream mixture remaining in the bowl.
- Place the molds into the freezer until the mixture has frozen.
- Add the remaining root beer to the extra cream mixture in the bowl.
- Once the molds have frozen, fill each mold to just shy of the top rim with the root beer/cream mixture. Place the popsicle tops/sticks on the molds and freeze the entire mold again.
- When releasing the treats from the mold, turn the mold upside down and run warm water over the bottoms until the popsicles are easy to remove.
- Enjoy your sweet treat on the back deck, by the pool, or inside on a rainy summer afternoon!
Looking for an extra sweet treat this summer? Check out this fun twist on s’mores by creating your own campfire cones!