Turn your home into a tropical retreat with these DIY seashore-inspired home accents! With a few items from Dollar Tree, you’ll be able to give your space that tranquil, beach cottage feel without the high price tag found at vacation gift shops and expensive home décor stores. Mix and match glass vases in varying sizes to create a visually appealing assortment that you can place on your mantel or coffee table. You can even hang them from your deck or outdoor area to create a serene retreat.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Decorative Sand
- Glass Vase
- Floral Wire
- Glitter Glue
- LED Tealight Candle
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Take your favorite large shells and coat with a small amount of glitter glue, let dry overnight.
- Select a glass vase.
- Fill with sand, shells, raffia and/or a Tealight (for hanging lanterns).
- Decorate vase with floral wire (to hang) or raffia.
- Display and enjoy!
- For a different look you can paint your shells. Try black and white or monochromatic hues for a contemporary or shabby-chic feel, or paint them gold for something fancy and glam. For a subtle pop, paint the very tips of the shells with gold.
- These make great centerpieces for beach-themed weddings. Place them on the guest tables for added decoration, or hang them from the reception tent.
Visit DollarTree.com to shop our Get Creative with Sand & Shells idea.