Looking for a great gift idea or maybe an easy and affordable project for decorating your home? This simply elegant rosette kissing ball is the answer! With just a few items and a little creativity, you can create a stunning decoration in no time — attach a ribbon for hanging, arrange several in a decorative dish, or glue to the top of a candleholder for a pretty little topiary.
What You’ll Need:
- Foam Ball for Base (You could also use a toy baseball or wiffle ball)
- Two Rolls of Crepe Paper Streamers
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Cut the streamers into 24″ strips. A single 24″ strip will make one small rosette. If you want larger rosettes, use longer strips of streamers. You can make rosettes of varying size to change the look of your kissing ball.
- Fold the top 1⁄3 of the streamer down… this will make the petals look softer. Start at one end and roll the strip a little to form the center of the rosette, remember to pinch the streamer together tightly at the base.
- Then, you just keep gathering, rolling, and pinching the rest of the strip so it resembles a rose. You can roll some tighter and some looser to vary the size and look of the rosettes. You can even twist the streamer as you roll for a little different look. Once rolled, add a drop of hot glue to the end so your rosettes don’t unravel.
- Cover the bottom of the rosette with hot glue and simply stick it onto the foam ball.
- Repeat the steps until you have the entire ball covered.
- Cut a strip of ribbon and glue it onto the ball so you can hang it. Another idea is to make several rosette balls in varying colors and display them in a pretty dish, or glue one on top of a painted glass candleholder for a mini topiary.
Visit DollarTree.com to shop our Rosette Kissing Ball idea.
And watch the video.