Creating a functional creative space for kids is essential for budding curiosities. Keep things organized and on their level for easy visibility, access, and clean-up. Whether you’re a teacher or parent at home, making a fully stocked craft station for your kids is a great way to keep them experimenting with new creations. I keep this project affordable by purchasing all of my craft supplies and organizing bins at Dollar Tree! From activity dough and pom-poms to paint and markers, I am able to get it all while staying on budget!
Supplies For Your Stations:
- Construction Paper
- Colored Pencils
- Chenille Stems
- Activity Dough
- Paint Brushes
- Organizational/Storage Bins and Containers
- The list can go on and on!
Set Your Stations!
- Based on the space you have available, choose your organizational/storage bins and containers such as stackable bins, over the door hangers, cups, and/or caddies.
- Now, gather any supplies you need for the classroom or for at home and put the different craft items in different compartments of your craft station.
- Create a label for each different compartment, so that the items are easy to identify.
Now just sit back and enjoy watching what the kid’s imagination puts into motion. Both you and your students (or kids) will love having this creation station all year long!