Stuck indoors and looking to get crafty? Well, look no further because Dollar Tree has you covered! They have a ton of $1 craft supplies from paint and canvases to stickers and adhesives, they have everything you could possibly need or want to get crafty on a budget. If the kids are getting antsy from being stuck in the house, have them help you create these fun DIY door signs to display around your home such as a personalized sign for their room, an organization cork board sign, or even a fun and creative kitchen sign. The possibilities are endless, so get crafting!
Head to Your Local Dollar Tree & Gather These Supplies:
- Stretch Canvas Panels
- Stick-On Corkboard Sheets
- Pearl Stickers
- Assorted Chipboard 3D Stickers
- 6-pk. Assorted Wood Shapes
- Assorted Acrylic Paint
- Alphabet Stickers
- 100-pc. Colored Craft Sticks
- 2-oz. Chalkboard Paint
- 2-oz. Mod Podge® Craft Adhesive
- Chalk Writer Pens
- Assorted Wood Signs, Trays or Plaques
- DIY Wood Stickers
- Beaded Necklaces
- 124-pc. Foam or Felt Letters
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Assorted Artists Brushes
Check Out These 3 Different Door Sign Ideas!
For Chalkboard Sign:
- Paint the bottom of 3 wooden trays with chalkboard paint.
- To create a dark wood effect, use brown acrylic paint diluted with water to let the grain show through and allow to dry completely.
- Add stickers and words using chalk or a chalk-writer pen. To change the message, simply wipe gently with water.
- Connect the trays and create a hanger using craft sticks hot-glued to the back of the trays.
- Start with a stretch canvas and glue a corkboard sheet to it using Mod Podge® or another craft adhesive. Allow two hours to dry.
- Using hot glue, add painted wood cut outs, craft sticks, and mini clothespins to the corkboard. Finish by adding a few thumbtacks for hanging items such as keys, notes, or to-do tasks.
For Painted Signs:
- Paint the wood signs or plaques using acrylic paint of your choice. Allow an hour to dry.
- Add letter stickers, chipboard stickers, and embellishments (such as pearl bead stickers). Secure with an extra dot of Mod Podge® if necessary to adhere directly to the wood.
- Remove the plastic connector for beaded necklaces and hot glue beads to the outer rim of plaques to create a holder.
- Hang and enjoy!
Looking for additional sign ideas? Try creating these fun DIY personalized chalkboard signs!