Looking for an easy Christmas craft for you and the kiddos to do at home or, simple décor piece for the table with your Christmas treats? Well, then look no further! These do-it-yourself Christmas trees are adorable, easy, and fun to make with the whole family. My kids absolutely love helping me decorate for the holidays, so this year I decided to not only let them help me decorate, but to create the decorations. Using just a few supplies from Dollar Tree, my family and I were able to make these simple, yet classy cupcake liner trees that we could display around the house. Not only is this craft great for creating at home, but it’s also a fun group activity teachers could do in the classroom!
- Poster Boards
- Cupcake Liners – Various Colors (I used two packs for 3 trees and still had a few left over!)
Line Them Out & Stack Them Up:
- Roll your poster board into a cone shape and tape it together – I cut my poster board into three different sizes in order to create trees of different heights.
- Trim the bottom of your poster board until it rests flat on a table.
- Cut the centers out of the cupcake liners as well as a single cut down the side of each liner.
- Once they are all cut, start taping the inside portion of the liner (where the bottom was) to the cone. Start at the bottom of the tree with the larger sized liners and work your way up with the smaller sizes. You can use one size, however, you may need to cut the liners in half once you start moving up the cone.
- You will most likely need to use more than one liner for each layer to fill gaps and create a full appearance.