School is in session, my Dollar Tree students! September is here and it’s the best time of year. I just beam with excitement when I walk into the store and see those back-to-school aisles. I love the smell of a fresh pack of paper, the sound of sharpening a new pencil, and the look of a new planner opened and ready to be filled. I also absolutely love to decorate my classroom. I was searching for dazzling decoration ideas and was over the moon when I came across this birthday board. I have been teaching for quite a while now, and as you can imagine, it’s awfully hard to remember all of my students’ birthdays. This board solves that problem in such a colorful and clever way. So, scoop up these items and let’s get to crafting!
Birthday Board Supplies:
- Wooden Board (Not Sold at Dollar Tree) *I found a scrap piece of wood in the shed and slapped some stain on it to create a darker look.
- String or Key Tags
- Hammer or Screwdriver
- Nails or Screws
- A List of Your Students’ Birthdays!
Let’s Get Craftin’ For Your Classroom:
- Start by writing the months on the labels. I chose to shorten each month and then cut the labels up.
- Next, write “Birthdays” or “Let’s Celebrate” on your board – whatever suits your fancy.
- Underneath each label, place whatever you are using to hang the tags from. If you choose to take the wooden board route like I did, use nails or screws for a more secure hold.
- Finally, write the names of each student on a tag and hang it from the appropriate month.
Ta-da! There you have it. A fun and clever birthday board that your classroom will love… and the perfect way for you to keep it all straight. Class is dismissed!