The start of the school year is always one of the busiest times of the year for my family. In order to keep up with everyone’s tasks, I’ve created a fun and functional family command center! I can modify and update it to accommodate my family’s needs and do so without taking up too much space. This crafty command center can fit in any corner, wall, or small desk space. I outfit it with hooks for keys, dividers for each child’s homework, a calendar for scheduling, pockets for receipts, cups for pens and pencils, dry-erase board for a grocery list… the possibilities are endless! This amazingly practical command center has saved my life time and time again, and I guarantee it will save yours too. Let’s get started!
Outfit Your Family Command Center:
- Pen/Pencil Holders
- Command Hooks
- Dry-Erase Board
- Dry-Erase Markers
- Chalk Board
- Cork Board
- Push Pins
- Pocket Dividers
- File Holders
- Family Photos, Stickers & Embellishments
- Hand Sanitizer
- Anything you find that your family uses daily!
Let’s Get Started:
- Gather up all of your Dollar Tree supplies and see what you’ve got to work with.
- Now it’s time to design your command center. After you set up your chalk board, dry erase board, pencil holders, calendar, command hooks, and file holders, you can add colorful stickers, trinkets, and family photos to make it your own. My kids love helping me with this part!
- Make sure your command center is stocked with pens, pencils, markers, and anything else your family might need in a pinch.
- Now breathe a sigh of relief knowing that your family’s tasks are laid out, organized, and prioritized! Dollarista out!
Looking for more back-to-school hacks? Check out our 5 Easy Back-to-School Lunch Box Hacks blog post!