Create your own flower bouquet that will never wilt. Using just a few $1 items from Dollar Tree, you can easily create an entire bouquet of colorful paper flowers to give to friends and family or to use in centerpieces and other décor. It’s also a fun craft to share with the kids for everyday floral fun, family birthdays, upcoming holidays, or special events.
Materials You’ll Need:
- Construction Paper
- Chenille Stems
- Tape or Glue
Follow These Simple Steps to Create a Paper Daisy:
- Cut a piece of construction paper into one 6″x3″ rectangle and an alternating color into one 6″x2″ rectangle.
- Cut out ¼” paper strips, stopping ½” before the edge on both pieces.
- Begin rolling the bottom edge of the 2″ piece and secure with glue or tape. Then roll the larger piece over the smaller one.
- “Fluff” the petals by separating them and creasing with your fingers, then secure the stem with tape or glue to the bottom.
Follow These Simple Steps to Create a Paper Pansy:
- Cut a piece of construction paper into one 3.5″ square of paper and one 3″ square of paper.
- Fold the first paper into 4 squares, creased into 4 diamonds, then fold the second paper into 4 squares and cut into petal shapes.
- Nestle the two pieces of paper together at the fold lines and secure with tape or glue.
- Cut ¼” paper strips to glue into the center of the petal and secure the stem with tape or glue to the bottom.