Halloween is right around the corner, which means it’s time for all things spooky. This Halloween, I have decided to make a creepy crawly wreath for my front door to welcome my guests and trick-or-treaters! I headed to my local Dollar Tree and instantly got inspired. They had so many fun and neat crafts all for $1 each, so I was able to really spook out my wreath. Check out how I did it below!
- 1 14″ Metal Wreath Form
- 1 Package of 45-ct. Chenille Stems
- 6 36 ft. Deco Mesh Rolls (2 Rolls Orange, 2 Rolls Black, and 2 Rolls Purple)
- 2 Packs of Mini Orange Halloween Lights
- 3 Packages of 36-ft. Mesh Tubing (1 Package of each Halloween Color)
- 4 Rolls of 3 yd. Sparkle Tulle (2 Rolls Purple, 2 Rolls Orange)
- 2 Packages of 2-ct. Glitter Spiders
- 1 Bottle of Craft Glue
Follow Along Step-by-Step:
- Cut 12 chenille stems in half. Attach stems to metal wreath form at the 24 points (where the wire crosses in a T or an X) by twisting it around the metal. Twist twice to secure.
- Unwind first deco mesh roll and create a 3″ loop at the end of the roll.
- Secure loop to wreath form by twisting a chenille stem around the loop twice.
- Take an 8″ bunch of mesh, bunch and secure mesh around the form using next closest chenille stem, repeating until at the end of the roll.
- Create a loop at the end of the roll and secure by twisting a chenille stem around the loop twice.
- Repeat with the next 5 rolls of mesh, alternating colors and alternating which chenille stems you use to secure the mesh.
- Cut thirty 8″ pieces of mesh tubing (6 pieces black, 12 pieces purple, 12 pieces orange), and twelve 10″ pieces of sparkle tulle (6 pieces orange,6 pieces purple)
- Create tulle bouquets by taking 8 pieces of tubing (2 black, 4 orange and 4 purple) and tying them together in their middle using two pieces of sparkle tulle (1 orange and 1 purple) in a simple knot.
- Repeat with another two pieces of tulle to create an “X” with the tulle, also spreading out the ends of the tubing to create a circle of tubing and tulle.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 to create two additional tulle bouquets.
- Attach 4 glitter spiders and 3 tulle bouquets at various points around your wreath with craft glue. Allow glue to dry overnight.
There you have it… front door is officially spooked out! Looking for more creepy crawly ideas? Check out these 2 additional spooktacular wreath ideas!