Who doesn’t love jewels and all things bedazzled? I can’t think of anyone either! My daughter absolutely loves putting glitter, sparkles, and jewels on just about everything these days, therefore I am constantly on the lookout for dazzling craft ideas that she might like. Recently, I was in my local Dollar Tree and I came across these adorable jewel and gem stickers and thought that they would be perfect to incorporate in a craft for my daughter. Since she loves jewelry so much, I thought it would be perfect for her to create her own trinket boxes to hold her jewelry.
Jeweled Trinket Box Supplies:
- Multi-Pack Small or Medium Metal Containers
- Plastic Craft Jars with Metal Screw-on Lids
- Craft Paper Boxes in Assorted Shapes
- Crafter’s Square® Acrylic Glitter Paint
- Crafter’s Square® Artists Brushes
- Mod Podge® Matte or Gloss Glue & Finish
- Crafter’s Square® Hot Glue Sticks
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Crafter’s Square® Multi-Pack Chenille Stems
- Crafter’s Square® Jewel Sticker Strips
- Crafter’s Square® Starburst Gem Stickers
- Crafter’s Square® Multi-Pack Faceted Gems
- Crafter’s Square® Gemstone Design Decals
Time to Dazzle!
- Spread a large piece of newspaper over your work surface.
- For craft boxes, coat with acrylic glitter paint (allow multiple layers to dry for more glitter effects).
- If using craft paper boxes outside, coat entire box with matte or gloss-finish Mod Podge® first to protect surface.
- Add faceted gems using hot glue, or peel-and-stick jewel designs.
- Cut and hot glue metallic chenille stems for additional “bling.”
These containers are great for geocaching and gift-giving!
Searching for more craft ideas for your kids? Check out this Pinterest-worthy craft stick wall art!