Surprise a lucky bride and groom with these thoughtful, handcrafted wine or champagne stem glasses. Decorated with a wedding gown and tuxedo theme, this is the perfect engagement party, bridal shower, or wedding present. The couple can even sip from these during their reception toasts on the big day! Plus, this special keepsake can also be displayed in their kitchen or dining room long after their wedding day as a special reminder. You don’t need to be a master crafter to recreate this look… these embellished glasses are so affordable and easy to make. See for yourself!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 Wine or Champagne Glasses
- White Tulle or Deco Mesh
- Black Paint
- Small Paint Brushes
- Sequins or Gems
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Using black paint and a brush, paint the stem of the wine or champagne glass black.
- Using a small paint brush, paint on a coordinating black bow tie above the stem on the wine glass as shown.
- Allow it to dry for one hour. Then glue on a sequin or gem to the middle of the bow tie for the final touch.
- Cut out six to eight 5″ strips of white tulle or deco mesh.
- Loop tie each strip to the glass stem, one on top of the other and spread out the strips as shown. Continue this step until at least ¾ of the stem is covered.
- Cut any excess tulle or deco mesh with scissors as needed.
- Use glue to add additional sequins or gems to the tulle skirt, or leave as is.
This adorable handmade gift is ready to be carefully wrapped and gifted to your favorite couple… congratulations to the newlyweds! And, we recommend leaving them a little note that says, “Handwash Only” so that the glass decorations stay in place.
Check out our Weddings section for more creative tips and ideas like this one!