Rustic and distressed home décor is a huge trend that’s sure to stick around for a while. Do you love this timeless style, but aren’t sure if you have what it takes to beautifully distress your own decorations? Well, we’re here to let you know you can… and you don’t have to spend a fortune to get the look. With $1 picture frames, a few supplies, and our easy step-by-step directions, you can distress picture frames for just a few bucks. Plus, you may already have many of the supplies needed at home. Create a rustic picture frame or use this hack to give any decorative item a whole new look.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Picture Frame (Wide Border)
- Paint Brush
- Sand Paper or Nail File
- Damp Cloth
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Carefully remove the glass and backing from your picture frame and set it aside.
- Set your frame on top of a paper towel. Using your paint brush, add one or two coats of paint to completely cover the frame. Allow the frame to dry for at least three hours.
- Next, use a nail file or sand paper to rub off some of the paint to achieve the distressed look you want. Start with just a few spots and add more as you see fit.
- Once you have the worn look you like, wipe the frame with a damp cloth.
- Replace the glass, insert your photograph, secure the backing, and display!
Want another picture frame craft idea? Try this DIY Lantern idea!