The possibilities for chalkboards at weddings are endless! They can be used to welcome guests, display your menu, tell your love story, share your social media hashtag, and so much more. There’s no need to buy expensive chalkboards when you can gather up a few Dollar Tree supplies and create your own for just a few bucks. We created a few DIY chalkboard trays to help get you inspired.
Recreate this look with black paint, a paint brush, and a nickel-plated serving tray. Host a craft night with your wedding party and have some fun crafting and checking one more thing off your wedding to-do list! On the big day, simply use a display easel to prop them up around your ceremony or reception.
Here’s What You’ll need:
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Wipe your serving tray clean.
- Using your paint brush to paint the center of the tray black, leaving the decorative border unpainted.
- Allow the paint to dry completely, then paint on a second layer until you achieve full coverage.
- Once your final paint layer dries completely, use chalk or a chalk pen to write your message directly onto your sign.
- Use a display easel to prop your chalkboard sign up for all your guests to see.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth after your wedding day and reuse for future events!
Need more wedding décor inspo? Check out our Foolproof Faux Flower Centerpiece Idea or these DIY Bride & Groom Champagne Glasses. Share your Dollar Tree wedding decoration ideas with us on Instagram using the hashtag #DTweddingdecor.