This year, I am hosting Thanksgiving, which means that I have to have the house cleaned, go grocery shopping, and make sure our guests have everything they need. Although, before the grocery shopping, table settings and food prep, greeting my guests with a warm welcome is always my first order of business! Therefore, I headed to my local Dollar Tree and decided to pick up a few supplies to make a Thanksgiving wreath. Using Dollar Tree’s wire wreath form, deco mesh, construction paper, and googly eyes, I was able to create the cutest turkey wreath to dress up my front door. This Thanksgiving turkey wreath is easy to make and perfect to reuse each year, check out how I did it below!
Gobble Up These Ingredients:
- Brown, Gold, Red, and Orange Decorative Mesh
- Brown and Orange Construction Paper
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Googly Eyes
- Wire Wreath Form
Trot Along Step-by-Step:
- Secure the end of the brown decorative mesh to the wreath form with hot glue. Loop 2-inch sections of brown deco mesh through the wire wreath, covering half of it. Secure the end with additional hot glue.
- Line the circle opening of the wreath with additional brown deco mesh, securing to the frame with hot glue.
- Loop knot gold, red, and orange 6-8 inch sections of decorative mesh to the remaining wreath form, alternating colors.
- Use scissors to cut out a turkey body form from brown paper. Cut a beak and feet from orange paper. Use glue to adhere the beak, feet, and googly eyes to the brown body. Use additional glue to adhere the finished turkey body to the brown portion of the wreath.
- Hang your wreath to greet your friends and family for Thanksgiving!
Looking for more festive wreaths? Try making this DIY deco mesh pumpkin wreath!