Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a simple touch of décor that you can make yourself; not to mention using just two household items! Recycle a large piece of cardboard and cut it into a heart shape base for a wreath. Next, grab a stack of white coffee filters and dip them in red or pink paint to create beautiful dyed paper. Use these dip-painted filters to create the shape of your heart. Gather each filter at the center, creating a frilly ruffle look while gluing them to cover the form. Hang this wreath to welcome your guests with love or prop it on your fireplace mantle for a bright festive pop!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- White Coffee Filters
- Heart-Shaped Wire Wreath Form, Cardboard, or Foam-Readi Board
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Red or Pink Paint
- Disposable Bowl
- Paper Towels
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- In a disposable bowl, mix 1-part water with 2-parts paint. Dip the tip of the coffee filters in the paint mixture and set on paper towel or safe space to dry.
- While waiting for the filters to dry, use sharp scissors to cut the foam-readi board or cardboard into a heart shape with an open center as well.
- Once dry, begin to glue each filter to the heart board, gathering the filter at the center point. Cover the entire surface with filters.
- Hang your festive frilly wreath on your front door or add it to your workspace or classroom for a touch of lovely decor!
Looking for an additional heart-shaped wreath idea for Valentine’s Day? Check out these 2 additional wreath ideas!