Do you love the farmhouse look but not the cost of expensive pieces? Well, I’m SO excited to share this new idea with you, my fellow frugal DIYers. Inspired by my love of all things farmhouse, this DIY window decoration is made with Dollar Tree supplies. Yep, you read that right… AND the “window” look is achieved using picture frames! I’ve seen decorations similar to this one go for upwards of $50 and I just can’t bring myself to spend that on something I thought I could try to make myself. And sure enough, I think this project turned out pretty great, if I do say so myself. Plus, it was so much fun to make… and SO easy.
Here’s What I Used:
- Six 8×10″ Picture Frames
- Hot Glue or Super Glue
- Foam Wreath Form
- Faux Flowers & Greenery
- White Paint
- Paint Brush
Go Full-On Farmhouse!
- I started by removing the backing and glass from all of the frames.
- Next, I hot glued the edges of the frames together in order to create the window look. After gluing the fronts together, I also glued the back to create a more secure hold.
- I wanted a more traditional farmhouse look, so I followed this distressed paint tutorial and used white paint, a paint brush, and sand paper to transform the gold frames.
- While the frames were drying, I created a matching wreath made by inserting faux flowers and greenery into a foam wreath form. Use glue to secure as needed.
- Once your frames are dry and your wreath is complete, hot glue the back of the wreath to the center of the frames and there you have it!
Looking for more ways to get that farmhouse look? Check out these Breathtaking Rustic Tree Centerpieces.