Looking to makeover your home with some chic shelving? Update your walls by making your own quick, easy, and stylish décor. Modernize your shelving by styling your own floating shelves using just a wooden tray and some rope! Place on a small open wall or arrange a few together to create a layered and interesting gallery wall. Perfect for holding plants, photo frames, or even desk supplies!
Shop at Dollar Tree – Here’s What You’ll Need:
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Cut 4 strands of rope to desired size of hanging length.
- Apply hot glue to each corner of the tray and place rope, holding in place until dry.
- Tie two of the rope strands together in a knot to form the hanging piece. Repeat with the other side.
- Use a hammer and two hanging nails to hang the self to the wall. Adjust your rope as needed.
- Finish by styling your hanging shelf with a plant, photo frame, or functional items!
*Please note that shelves will only hold up to 5lbs. if using hot glue to secure your ropes to the wood tray.
Looking for more ways to spruce up your home décor? Try making these trendy farmhouse décor pieces!