One of the easiest ways to swap up your seasonal décor is by switching out your throw pillows! This DIY completely transforms your accent chairs, sofas, and beds to create a cozy seasonal space. Purchasing multiple throw pillows for every season can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be if you make them yourself!
Grab a few festive flour sack dish cloths from Dollar Tree, along with a big bag of cotton or poly-craft filling. Use scissors to carefully cut your cloths to size in an equal shape for the front and back. Use hot glue along the borders of the fabric and stuff it with the filling. These cute pillows take just a few minutes to make and provide an instant room transformation for a couple of bucks. You can’t beat it!
Shop at Dollar Tree – Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Cotton or Poly-Fiber Stuffing
- Flour Sack Dish Cloths
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
Time to DIY!
- Fold your dish cloths and use scissors to carefully cut two coordinating sized pieces.
- Use beads of hot glue along 3 of the seams and press together, forming a large pocket.
- Fill the pocket with your crafting filler of choice, then add the final bead of hot glue along last steam. Hold the seam closed until set (just a few minutes).
- Layer your dish cloth pillows on your bed, chairs, or sofa for a cozy seasonal touch!
Looking for more ways to transform your pillows? Switch up your bedroom décor with these DIY bandana pillows!