Made from just a shoe box, straws, and clothespins, kids will love this mini DIY foosball table because of its size and easy playability. This game is simple to make and is great to have on hand during the upcoming winter months. Stocking up on quiet and busy games for indoor play is vital as the days get colder and darker. Whip up this simple spin on a beloved classic game in just 5 minutes with $1 supplies from Dollar Tree. Follow these easy steps to create one for your family today.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Shoe Box
- Green Construction Paper
- Serrated Knife (Adults Only)
- Table Tennis Ball
- Masking Tape
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Remove the lid from your shoebox and tape off any opened edges.
- Use a serrated knife to cut two 3×2″ goals on either end of the shoe box.
- Use the knife tip to poke 3-4 joining holes on the box sides for the straws to stand through. Insert straws through the holes.
- Take green construction paper and outline the size of the shoe box. Cut out the outline and place it inside of the shoe box to be used as a “turf field”.
- Use markers to color each clothespin according to team.
- Attach 1-2 clothespins per straw and invert them as kickers.
- Toss in a table tennis ball and let the games begin! One player per side of the box, assigning one color to each person.
Looking for more fun indoor ideas for kids? Check out these 6 Family-Friendly Rainy Day Ideas!