I am obsessed in keeping up with the latest trends, so here’s something sticky and fun I found that’s finding its way to kids everywhere! Glubber recipes* are now trending and they’re so easy to make at home. I love hosting Glubber stations at birthday parties as a fun craft to create and an awesome favor to take home. I supply each kid at the party an airtight container, Tide® Simply Clean™ Laundry Detergent, Elmer’s® School Glue, and food coloring. I also fill bowls with craft supplies like glitter, beads, feathers, and more as fun mix-in ingredients, so that the kids to customize their own Glubber. The kids will have a blast with this, plus it’s portable, so they can enjoy their creation at home!
- Air-Tight Plastic Containers
- Plastic Forks
- ½ Cap (About 2 ounces) of Tide® Simply Clean™ Laundry Detergent
- 4-oz. Bottle of Elmer’s® School Glue
- Food Coloring (Optional)
- Glitter, Sequins, Beads, Gems, or any embellishments you find around the house!
It’s Glubber Time:
- In an air-tight plastic container, combine one-half capful (about 2 ounces) of 10-oz. Tide® Simply Clean™ Laundry Detergent with one 4-oz. Bottle of Elmer’s® School Glue.
- Use a plastic fork or utensil to stir until Glubber forms.
- Add one or two drops of food coloring (Tide® Clean & Fresh™ Laundry Detergent will make it blue, Tide® Clean & Sensitive™ Laundry Detergent is clear), glitter, sequins, beads, gems, or other small craft items. Continue to stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Continue to stir. When the Glubber starts to hang off of the fork, you know you’re almost done. If the Glubber hasn’t started to lose its stickiness, add a few more drops of detergent.
- Allow your Glubber to sit in the container (with the lid on) for five minutes or so at room temperature to further solidify.
- Take out and enjoy… with adult supervision, of course!
*Always make Glubber under adult supervision and wash hands after play. Please be aware that Glubber can be toxic if ingested, and children with allergies should take special precautions.
Need more hands-on, kid-friendly party ideas? Check out our Plan a Play-Doh® Birthday Party blog post!