We adore this whimsical DIY cupcake stand idea and you won’t believe how easy it is to make! All we used to create this look were glass plates, bowls, glue, and black paint. Then we finished it off with decorated cupcakes, a cute Halloween figurine, and a pumpkin paper lantern. This DIY stand is such a fun and unique way to display a batch of cupcakes at your upcoming Halloween party. Plus, here’s a fun tip for you… use other paint colors to transform your cupcake stand for other holidays, birthdays, weddings, or baby showers!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 Clear Glass Dinner Plates
- Clear Glass Bowl
- 3 Glass Taper Candleholders
- Black Nontoxic Paint
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Halloween Baking Cups
- Cake Mix (Including Packaging Ingredients)
- Halloween Lantern
- Halloween Figurine
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Paint only the bottom side of two glass plates and the glass bowl and set aside to dry. Don’t paint the surfaces that may touch food (tops of the plates or inside of the bowl). Be sure to use a nontoxic paint and remember that the finished cupcake stand should be cleaned only by handwashing or wiping down with a damp cloth (not dishwasher-safe).
- Paint the three glass taper candleholders and set them aside to dry.
- Once all the painted pieces are dry, attach them together with hot glue to create your three tiers (candleholder, plate, candleholder, plate, candleholder, and then bowl). Let your cake stand dry overnight.
- Bake your cupcakes inside of Halloween-themed baking cups, then top with icing. Keep them fun and festive to match your new cupcake stand. Add a Halloween figurine on the edge of one plate for a whimsical touch and top the stand off with a round paper lantern. Or, you can fill the bowl with wrapped candy for an extra sweet treat!