Attention to detail makes all the difference when planning a wedding. Special handcrafted touches create such a personal addition to your special day. We’ve shown you how to make your own floral centerpieces, chalkboard trays, wedding favors, and more… now we’re showing you how to make DIY kissing bride and groom clothespin place card holders! They can be used to hold place cards, table numbers, or pictures… plus, they double as fun decorations and wedding favors. Your guests can take these home as a sweet little reminder of your wedding day. With a few $1 craft supplies, you can make these smooching lovebirds by following the simple steps below.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2 Small Paint Brushes
- White Paint
- Black Paint
- Black Marker
- Pink Marker
- White Deco Mesh
- Using a small paint brush, paint one half of one side of the clothespin white, leaving room at the top for a face.
- Using a second brush, paint the other half of clothespin black leaving room at the top for a shirt and face.
- Paint a white shirt onto the groom side.
- Once dry, use a black marker to draw hair and eyes on the bride and groom.
- Add a black bow tie and buttons on the groom’s white shirt.
- Use a pink marker to draw lips and blush on the bride.
- Using scissors, cut out a small piece of white deco mesh.
- Use a small dab of glue to attach the top of the deco mesh to the bride’s head creating her veil. Allow the glue to dry.
- Open the clothespin and insert a place card.
- Create as many of these as desired and display them on your reception tables!
Explore our Wedding category for even more tips and ideas for your big day!