I love using the natural elements of springtime to decorate for the change of the season! This year, I volunteered myself to host a brunch for my girlfriends and I and needed a decorative accent for my mantel to tie in my floral spring theme. I grabbed a bunch of my favorite artificial blooms and foam readi-boards from Dollar Tree and combined the two materials to create a statement flower wall! I simply removed each bloom from its’ stem and hot glue it directly to the board. You can create a monochromatic backdrop by using a variety of different shades of the same color, make a pattern with stripes, or keep it organic with a random arrangement. This flower wall is the perfect backdrop for a party table, photo booth, or to use as artwork to brighten up your home!
- Readi-Board Foam Boards
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Faux Flowers
- Command Strips® (Optional)
Follow Along Step-by-Step:
- Trim your board to a desired size if needed or add additional boards to make larger.
- Easily remove your blooms from the stem. Use scissors if necessary.
- Glue your flowers directly to the board, creating a pattern or design as you desire.
- Once the entire board is covered, prop or hang on display (glue a loop of twine on the back of the board for hanging if needed). This wall will bring any space to life bursting with new life and color!
On the lookout for more spring-inspired décor for your upcoming events? Check out this spring floral display for baby or bridal showers!