There are so many fun ways to decorate for Easter! This year, try combining natural elements of spring with a few sweet Easter treats to create a beautiful topiary-like arrangement. Fill your pot with rocks and moss for a natural base. Add ribbon-wrapped dowel rods and a wreath form to create an elevated arrangement. Finish the look with an assortment of sweet marshmallow Peeps® and a pastel bow for a festive yet classic touch of décor. These topiaries are the perfect way to decorate your mantle for the holiday or brighten up your dining table for Easter brunch!
Shop at Dollar Tree – Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Flower Pot
- Rock Filler
- Dowel Rods
- Green Ribbon (or any color you would like)
- Faux Moss
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Foam Wreath Form
- Burlap Ribbon
- Peeps® Chicks
Peep These Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Fill the flower pot with rock filler to use as a firm base.
- Group and glue 4 dowel rods together, then wrap in green ribbon. Insert the wrapped rods into the center of your rock filler to the bottom of your pot.
- Cover the rock filler with faux moss.
- Use the dowel rods to form a hole into the base of the foam wreath form, so it can stand upright in the rods.
- Wrap the wreath form in burlap ribbon and secure with dots of hot glue.
- Use additional hot glue to secure and arrange the Peeps® around the wreath.
- Finish the topiary with a tied bow at the base of your wreath.
- Place on display on your porch, mantle, or dining table!
*NOTE: Do not consume Peeps® after hot gluing to the wreath as they will no longer be safe to consume.
Loving the topiary look? Try a more trendy chic look with these DIY topiary trees!