Shared by Dollar Tree’s Value Seekers Club®! Want more ideas like this? Join the Club >
Looking for a new autumn activity both kids and adults can play? DIY Turkey Bowling is the perfect game to play indoors or on the backyard patio. After your Thanksgiving feast, gather up your friends and family for some festively-fun competition.
Gobble Up These Supplies:
- 10, 2-Liter Drink Containers
- Brown Spray Paint (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Red & Orange Paper
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Plastic Googly Eyes
- Foam or Rubber Ball
- Black Marker
It’s Turkey Time:
- Empty drink containers of their contents (we used juice bottles). Rinse out thoroughly with water and allow to dry, then replace the caps on the bottles.
- Spray paint each bottle brown in a well-ventilated area, preferably outside.
- Allow the bottles to dry fully for about 30 minutes.
- Cut out beaks using orange construction paper and gobble shapes (technically called the turkey “snood”) using red construction paper. Using a hot glue gun, adhere the eyes, beaks, and gobbles directly to the painted bottles.
- Lastly, using a hot glue gun, attach colorful feathers to the back of each turkey bottle.
- Allow all bottles to dry until set for about five minutes.
- Set up your turkeys in a bowling pin arrangement, grab your ball, and start turkey bowling!
Don’t let the festivities end here! Have your kids create their own Hands n’ Plate Thanksgiving Turkey Craft.