I’m always looking to change up my traditional Christmas wreath, so this year I decided to make it extra sweet! I used Dollar Tree’s candy cane wire wreath forms to create an eye-catching arrangement for my front door. I wrapped my wreath form alternately with natural and red burlap ribbon, creating the infamous candy stripes. Next, I crisscrossed and layered the burlap-wrapped candy canes and embellished the center with additional Christmas décor and foliage. This is a great reusable wreath for the holidays, and costs you just under $10 to make!
- 2 Candy Cane Wire Wreath Forms
- 2 Spools of Natural Burlap Ribbon
- 2 Spools of Red Burlap Ribbon
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Christmas Décor/Foliage
Follow Along Step-by-Step:
- Loop natural burlap around the end of the wreath form and secure it in place with hot glue.
- Wrap a 3-4 inch section in natural burlap. Then, cut the ribbon and secure the end at the back of the wreath with hot glue.
- Repeat step 2 using the red burlap. Wrap another 3-4 inches around the wreath form. Cut and secure the ribbon to the back with hot glue.
- Repeat the alternating stripes until the entire wreath form is covered. Secure the final ribbon with glue.
- Once both candy canes are complete, cross them over top of one another, gluing them in place.
- Trim and arrange additional Christmas décor or foliage at the center of your candy canes. Glue into place.
- Once dry and set, hang your candy cane wreath to dress up your front door for the holidays!
Looking to make your neighbors even more jealous of your decorations this season? Check our Ho-Ho-Holiday Wreath for Christmas!