Ready to get creative with seasonal summer supplies and items you have around your home? Try trimming a pool noodle for a fun craft! Add tooth picks, paint, faux flowers, and rocks to create the cutest cactus planters. Create this desert themed décor as you host your next event or to spruce up your outdoor décor. Perfect to use as table centerpieces or to place around the pool to bring that island vibe to your very own backyard!
Shop at Dollar Tree – Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Green Pool Noodles
- Green Paint or Spray Paint (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Tooth Picks
- Rock Filler
- Faux Pink Flower (or any color flowers of your choice)
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Hot Glue Sticks
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Cut the green pool noodles into 3 sections. I cut them in various sizes.
- Insert toothpicks into the noodles forming the cactus spikes.
- Paint or spray paint the “cactus” to coat the tooth picks and to give your pool noodles some depth and texture.
- Insert all 3 “cactus” noodles into the planter, and secure them in place with rock filler.
- Hot glue pink flowers (or any color flower of your choice) to the tops of each “cactus.”
6. Place on a party table or steps of your porch for festive décor!
Looking for more fun and festive summer ideas? Try out this fun DIY flamingo wreath!