If you’re like me, then you are always hosting events of having friends over for a get-together. When I have guests over, I always like my place to look its best. Whether it be adding fresh flowers to a room or adding simple party décor, I have to spruce up my place somehow. Lately I have been adding a simple banner to my hosting room and I am here to tell you all about how I made it.
Get ready to create the easiest, most affordable, and biggest statement party décor! I used one roll of twine and a pack of tissue paper to create numerous tassel garlands, making this the biggest party bang for your buck. I cut my tissue paper in squares, folded, and trimmed the ends so that they fringed. Next, I rolled and wrapped the tissue around a strand of twine to create a tassel. You can alternate the tissue paper colors, make it ombré, rainbow, or monochromatic. The décor possibilities are endless with this easy craft and you’ll just love the way it dresses up your event!
3 Simple Supplies:
- Tissue Paper
Follow Along Step-by-Step!
- Measure and cut your twine to the desired length of your garland.
- Cut your tissue paper into 18-inch squares.
- Layer 3-5 pieces together. Trim fringe onto opposing sides of the tissue square.
- Roll the layers together from the non-fringe sides.
- Fold the rolled tassel around the twine, then twist the tissue together, securing into place.
- Repeat steps 3-5 with all of your tissue tassels, creating your desired color pattern.
- Hang your tassel garland anywhere! Dress up your fireplace mantle, photo booth backdrop, porch railings, party table, and more!
Are you hosting an outdoor summer soirée? Try setting up a sweet s’mores bar at your next outdoor party!