Starting January off with a healthy start is a great way to kickstart the New Year! Trying new foods and recipes can be intimidating and sometimes time consuming. Keep things simple and enjoy your classic comfort foods in a new way, without sacrificing any flavor or family pizza nights. Swap out traditional flour-based crust for an unexpected vegetable, cauliflower. Combined with Italian seasoning, eggs, and cheeses, this is the easiest crust you’ll ever make. Finish it off with all your favorite toppings and bake until golden brown. This crispy crust is one your family will love, and not to mention the extra serving of vegetables you’re sneaking in!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Food Processor or Blender
- Microwave-Safe Bowl
- Dish Towel
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
For the Crust:
- 2 Cups of Chopped Cauliflower
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of Grated Parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
For the Toppings:
It’s Pizza Time!
- Preheat oven to 425˚.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add thawed cauliflower to a food processor or blender and pulse until finely ground.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a microwave-safe bowl, cover loosely and heat for 4-5 minutes, until soft.
- Use a dish towel to squeeze and completely drain the cauliflower, removing as much water as possible.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large mixing bowl. Stir in eggs, mozzarella, parmesan, and Italian seasoning.
- Spread the cauliflower mixture onto the prepared baking sheet into a rectangle.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden.
- Top the crust with pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Remove from the oven, slice, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Looking for a not so healthy option for pizza night? Try these homemade themed pizzas instead!