Looking to add your own fashion flair to your summer wear? Or maybe you are just looking for a fun summertime craft to do with the kids? Perhaps you and your girlfriends are getting together and looking for a fun activity? These unique flip-flop crafts are perfect for adding some pizzazz to your everyday footwear while giving you a wonderful creative outlet to share with your friends and family. Express your style, your mood, or your playful side… the possibilities are endless!
Here are 4 different style ideas that let you express yourself, and are sure to turn heads.
What You’ll Need:
- Water Balloons
- Glow Bracelets
- Zip Ties
- Craft, School, or Hobby Glue
- Hawaiian Leis
- Rolls of Satin Ribbon
- Luau Glitter Shapes
- Artificial Floral Bushes
Style Idea 1: Balloons
- Start with 1 pack of 100-ct. Water Balloons.
- Beginning at the toe, tie each balloon in a simple double knot to the flip-flop strap.
- Continue around the strap to the ends and layer the balloons to achieve your desired effect.
Style Idea 2: Glow Bracelets
- Begin with 1 pack of Glow Bracelets, 1 pack of Zip Ties, and 1 pair of 8″ Scissors.
- Remove the glow sticks and bend back and forth until they glow.
- Line the bracelet up with the flip-flop strap.
- Secure bracelet to strap every inch or so with a zip tie. Make sure the smooth side of the zip tie is closest to where your foot will go.
- When the glow wears off, simply cut the zip ties and replace with new glow sticks and ties!
Style Idea 3: Leis & Glitter Shapes
- Start with Craft Glue, a 6-pk. of Poly Leis, and 1-pk. of Luau Glitter Shapes.
- Cut a poly lei in half and glue it to your flip-flop straps using the craft or hot glue.
- Next, glue Luau Glitter Shapes to the top.
- Allow the glue to dry, and you’ve just made a bold summer fashion statement!
Style Idea 4: Ribbons & Flowers
- All you need is Craft Glue, 5/8″ Satin Ribbon, and an Artificial Floral Bush.
- Remove two flowers from a faux floral bush and secure to straps using craft or hot glue.
- Cut 5/8″ satin ribbon to fit along sides of straps, and secure with glue.
- Let them dry overnight and your fashion statement is ready to wear!
There are a lot of other ways you and your friends can use your creativity to express your flip-flop personality. And when they cost just a few bucks to make (including the price of the flip-flops), why not make a pair for every day of the week, or to match every outfit? Just strolling down the aisles of a Dollar Tree will spark your imagination. Imagine the possibilities!
Visit DollarTree.com to shop our Summer Flip-Flop Craft idea.