Providing your friends and family with a delicious assortment of dishes on Thanksgiving can be time consuming and not to mention expensive! So, save your time and finances this holiday season by staying on budget with affordable menu options. My recipe for cheesy corn pudding is so yummy, feeding a crowd with just a few frugal everyday pantry items. Combine them all into a casserole dish for an easy hands-off dish or bake in one in a disposable pan for quick and easy clean up, saving even more time. Your kids will love this dish, making it a year-round staple for easy week day dinners!
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter
- ½ Yellow Onion, Diced
- ½ Teaspoon of Salt
- ½ Cup of Flour
- ½ Teaspoon of Pepper
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1 Cup of Shredded Cheese
- ¼ Teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg
- 3 Cups of Frozen or Canned Corn
- Mixing Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- Disposable 9×13″ Casserole Pan
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ degrees and spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onions, salt and pepper until softened. Set aside until cooled.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix eggs, milk, and nutmeg together.
- Stir in the corn, cheese, and onions.
- Finally mix in the flour and combine well.
- Turn out the corn batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes, until golden and cheese is melted.
Looking for more quick and easy recipes for the holidays? Whip up this easy pumpkin pie dip for fall!